CTE Public Notice (pdf)
Student Password Recovery
School Counseling Center
Dual Enrollment Opportunities
Professional Women of St. Tammany
Professional Women of St. Tammany will be awarding up to $20,000 to deserving women of St. Tammany parish pursuing higher education. This scholarship is open only to St. Tammany Parish female residents. There are $1000 and $2500 scholarships available. Applications and recommendation forms can be found at www.pw-st.org and must be completed and submitted no later than March 15, 2017.
Academic Clinic – In the Library
Tues, Wed, and Thurs Morning: 6:55 a.m. – 7:25 a.m.
Tues and Thurs Afternoon: 2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
www.homeworkla.org – Access to a certified tutor in almost any subject. Available Sunday – Thursday, from 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
www.khanacademy.org – Provides pre-recorded tutorials in Math & Science; possibly other subjects
Mr. Scheer's Rocket Project
See pictures of Mr. Scheer's students engaged in a rocket project!
Parish Livestock Show
See pictures from the parish livestock show!
See pictures from The Tempest production!
Mr. Turner's DNA Labs
See pictures of Mr. Turner's DNA labs from November and December!
Isabella Biondini’s artwork is a finalist in the George Rodriguez Foundation art contest! She was one of 16 finalists were selected by our first round judges from over 500 entries across the state.
PTSA Reflections Winners
Congratulations to Ms. Flattman’s dance students, Dr. Watkins’ music student, Mr. Lynch’s photography students, and Mr. Eddy’s, Mr. Schwartz’s, and Ms. Hickman’s art students for their achievements in the PTA Reflections Contest. The following students received awards:
In the Dance category:
In the Music category:
In the Photography category:
In the Visual Art category:
Covington High School students received more awards than any other high school in the parish, and many of our students are advancing to the state level. Way to go, Lions!”
*Students who received “Award of Excellence” and are advancing to State level judging
Art Festival Winners
Last weekend at the Three Rivers Art Festival, several of Covington High’s very own art students were honored at a very special awards ceremony.
The following is a list of award recipients from the student art competition:
- 9th Grade, 2nd Place: Holly Moisant
- 10th Grade, 1st Place: Abigail Anderson
- 10th Grade, 3rd Place: Crystal Blackledge
- 11th Grade, 1st Place: Elise Carter
- 11th Grade, 2nd Place: Kellie Laurent
- 12th Grade, 1st Place: Seth Poret
- 9th Grade, 2nd Place: Elise Prince
- 10th Grade, 1st Place: Consuelo Garcia
- 11th Grade, HM: Christian Weicks
- 12th Grade, 1st Place AND Best of Show Award for Grades 9-12: Bella Biondini – And…out of over 350 student artwork submissions, the judge’s overall pick for the most compelling and outstanding art work from the entire show, Bella’s work was awarded the very special “Artist’s Favorite Award”.
Please congratulate these students for their hard work. The students are taught by Mr. Eddy, Mr. Schwartz, and Ms. Hickman.